Battlefield Fight League Results: Emilio Ditrocchio Victory 1st Round armbar 1:30 of round one.
Western Canadian Martial Arts Championships Results for Mixed Martial Arts Vancouver:
Western Canadian Martial Arts Championship Results: Muay Thai: Steven Cukic- Jr Heavy Wt. 1st, Franco Palines- Jr. lt weight.- 1st, Sandeep Kaler-Adult Heavy weight- 1st, Arash Ravanchi-Adult Lt. Heavy Weight- 2nd. Honourable mention: Jonas Kwiatkowski. Jr. MMA: Aladdin Ramadan-2nd, Honourable mention: Paul Perperidis,… Carlos Lopez-Donan, Nicholas Andreatta. Submisssion Wrestling: Victor Wang-1st, Glen Kim: refund, Tim Kolton 1-1, Honourable mention: Stephan Hawes. Good job everyone for challenging yourself and growing through the competitive experience. Remember equanimity of spirit. OSU! That means the goal to improve and make progress is the important quality regardless of victory or defeat. That is the traditional approach that our school employs. This philosophy helps to impart correct conduct and attitude. This method is also good, in my opinion, for personal growth. OSU!
Here is an article by Frank Shamrock about the benefits of MMA competition for Mixed Martial Arts Vancouver:
What Are Some Benefits of Mixed Martial Arts Fighting?
So you’re gung-ho and ready to begin your Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training, but your loved ones question the benefits of MMA fighting and try to hold you back or dampen your interest. They may equate MMA only with fighting and not with the vast and diverse advantages it provides to those who study it.
Share this list of life-changing benefits the next time someone asks you why you want to get involved in Mixed Martial Arts:
- Community. Joining an MMA community keeps you on track with your training and helps you make some friends along the way.
- Confidence. The confidence built from training in MMA can accompany you into the office, your relationships, and wherever else you can use a self-assurance boost! You may find yourself with increased leadership skills or an ability to conquer presentations just like you would in the ring. Your newfound confidence will also help deter any would-be attackers.
- Discipline. The discipline you’re sure to develop from training in MMA can be applied to the rest of your life, from enhancing your capacity to stick to a schedule to strengthening your resolve to eat well.
- Fitness. Training in MMA is guaranteed to improve your level of fitness. MMA fighters are some of the most superior, well-rounded, Olympic-caliber athletes of the day. Living the MMA lifestyle can therefore transform your body, along with your mind and spirit.
- Self-defense. Studying MMA can greatly increase your level of preparedness in the face of a dangerous situation. With your knowledge of combative arts, you can defend yourself whenever you need to.