Supplemental Training for Children at Posener’s Pankration/MMA for Kids MMA Vancouver
1 ) Calisthenics – Basic exercises
- Leg raises, crunches, squats, push ups,V ups, etc
- Others (see Black Belt Physical requirements)
- I also recommend basic stances and positions to emphasize focus. IE. Ready stance, zazen, fighting stance (with and without level change).
2 ) Forms –
- Performed with speed and power or dynamic tension
- Use the curriculum video to correct stances and positions, etc. (transfer of material will be done shortly) *not required for testing.
3 ) Flexibility
- Stretching exercises (static and isometric varieties
- Leg extension drills (holding the leg in the various kicking positions)
4 )Technique Practice Repetition – How many? Which techniques?
- Single techniques (ex. kicks, punches, strikes, footwork, blocks)
- Combination techniques (Practicing combinations of attack, defense, footwork, evasion, and countering), and grappling techniques.
- Grappling exercises: bridges, triangles, climb ups, hip bump and escape, shrimping, slow rolls, etc.
- Use the curriculum video to work on the techniques for your level and review basics in more detail. ( transfer will be available soon)
5 ) Bag Training – an excellent device for developing techniques, speed, power, cardio-vascular fitness and accuracy!
- Number of repetitions
- How may rounds (see Black Belt Physical requirements)
6 ) Focus Pads/Shield Work
- This practice provides an excellent way for the parents to be involved in providing positive reinforcement by holding the target and encouraging good effort and good results.
- Technique repetition in singles and combinations.
7 ) School Philosophy
- Go over the tenets and examples, ABC’s of Conflict Avoidance. (***The basic requirement is 15 minutes per day when you don’t attend class**). It is undeniable that extra work will yield great results that far outweigh the effort sown.
***The limit or choice of what you do is dependent on the individual. Elements from class to be reviewed is always an excellent choice. ****
*Be Creative and Energetic. Be positive. Good Luck!*
These are good ideas for homework for Kids MMA Vancouver and Fitness development at Posener’s Pankration/MMA, Muay Thai Kickboxing, no gi jiu-jitsu, Cardio Kickboxing and Weapons
Here is a link to our website: Posener’s Pankration/MMA, Fitness, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Cardio Kickboxing, Jiu-jitsu and weapons