Components of Fitness and Martial Arts Applications and some information on our Kids MMA Vancouver program
5 Components of Fitness and Recommendations
1. Muscular Strength – This can be developed by dynamic tension and resistance/weight training.
2.Muscular Endurance- This is the ability to maintain strength over time.
3. Flexibility- Flexibility for kicking and grappling need to be developed. Concentration on the legs, groin and hamstrings for kicking skills, flexibility and strength of the back for wrestling, and flexibility of the neck to enable submission applications and defenses upon various compressions.
4. Cardio-Vascular Endurance: Aerobic and Anaerobic. For mixed martial arts plyometrics of various types will develop the explosive power that is necessary and the quick recovery time that will allow improved performance.
5. Nutrition- There are many philosophies on this. The basics will suffice for today. You can refer to the student manual for sound basic principles, which will be expanded on in a couple of days on this blog. A healthy diet is critical to performance.
For today I am asking students to think about the application of these 5 principles into their training. For competitors and practitioners these 5 points are important in making progress. Being aware of how to improve these 5 areas will help. I will provide some more details soon. OSU! The average student should train 2-3 times per week, and the serious practitioner can practice more up to 1-3 times per day, even considering regular employment. With discipline and some time management, your objectives can be reached. OSU!
Here is some information on our Kids MMA Vancouver program:
Vancouver’s best Mixed Martial Arts school for children and youths.
With special attention given to motor skill development, mental focusing attributes, and children’s inherent capabilities. Youth/ Kids MMA Vancouver .Children’s and Teen classes are designed to emphasize:
– DISCIPLINE – RESPECT – CONFIDENCE DEVELOPMENT – SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT
The development of these qualities and principals are given extra attention because they build a strong foundation in the three battles: the Mind, the Body, and the Spirit.If developed properly, then success is assured.
Here is a link to our website: Posener’s Pankration/MMA, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission grappling, Cardio Kickboxing and Weapons.