Kid’s/Youth Test Results: Posener’s Pankration/ MMA Vancouver
Here are the results from the Kid’s/Youth Pankration/ MMA Vancouver belt test results on December 14 ’19. Congratulations on the progress, and both internal and external victory.
Antonio Costantino- Black stripe, Ernesto Lepore – Red belt, Tabitha Tam – Blue belt, Ronin Sharma – Green belt, Arjun Sharma – Green belt, Stefano Lepore – Green belt, Elijah De Leon – Green belt, Charlie Young – Purple belt, Kameron Lum – Purple belt, Zola Mitchell – Orange belt, Truly Vincent – Yellow belt, Aimee Chu – Yellow belt.
Great work to all the students for being consistent in time, energy and effort. We have been stressing some key ingredients lately that effort and inner victory is the key for success. Also to remember the 3 rules of the traditional school, 1. All start at the bottom 2. Everyone Works 3. Nothing is Free and the 3 Martial Virtues: 1. Respect 2. Compassion 3. Gratitude. The philosophy that principles on the mat can be applied off the mat is a central principle of the traditional philosophy that leads to well rounded success.Here is one more application of attributes on the mat and their corresponding principle off the mat:
- Speed *Quick Thinking
- Power *Knowledge
- Good technical form *Good manners/etiquette
- Stamina *Perseverance
- Flexibility *Open mind
- Accuracy *Realistic thinking
- Coordination *Balance of personal and professional life
- Timing *Being Punctual
I would like to show my gratitude for the awesome instructor team, Costa Rojas, George Kassimatis, Andrew De Leon, Hayden Francis, Emilio Ditrocchio, Ed Kumar, and the assistant instructors. Also heartfelt thanks to the parents and supporters of the school, style and principles. Let’s keep up the good works and provide benefits.
Here is a reprint of some traditional philosophy from many years ago. Good stuff:
Philosophy of a Champion for Martial Arts Vancouver
-By Benny “The Jet” Urquidez
- Never change what works
- Grasp whatever you can, be open-minded about everything
- Learn what you want to learn, but never close your mind to something different
- Knowing yourself helps you to know others
- Never stop learning, never limit yourself to what you think you may attain
- To be in 100% physical shape you must first be in 100% mental shape
- Respect your judgment. Remember, you cannot fool yourself
- Take defeat as a process of learning
- Never degrade yourself by thinking negatively
- If you lose, figure out why you lost and find the defenses which will help you next time
- In and out of the ring the secret of a Martial Artist is to control his anger
- There is no time for being old-fashioned. One must progress
- Learn to train your mind to be ahead of your body
- Beat the pain mentally and you can go on forever
- Don’t try to be just as good as somebody else; strive to be better
- The way you train is the way you react.
**I started studying this philosophy from one of the world’s greatest champions over 25 years ago. He was ahead of his time and the principles in this philosophy are excellent and applicable in today’s Mixed Martial Arts environment. For students it is highly recommended that you think about applying these principles, as it will be a benefit to you in your practice. OSU!
Every principle has deep meaning. For example, Knowing yourself helps you to know others has roots in Eastern philosophical practices of meditation of various types. These qualities or understandings facilitate compassion because we realize even with our differences there are many similarities; and it is useful in combat because it helps us read our opponent.
The principle of being in 100 % physical shape and requiring 100% mental shape is illuminating for people because they do not see the inter-relatedness of the mind body and spirit. Also, for example to highlight the concept here, being in 100% physical shape requires a good degree of mental discipline.
Studying these principles and applying them will help your development and progress on and off the mat and assist in our Martial Arts Vancouver program at Posener’s Pankration/MMA, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission Wrestling, No gi Jiu-jitsu, Cardio Kickboxing and Weapons.
Here is a link to our website: Posener’s Pankration/MMA, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Submission Wrestling/ No gi Jiu-jitsu, Cardio Kickboxing and Weapons